So I have something very exciting to share! Aimee of Miss Owl B has nominated me for a Liebster Award! This award recognizes new, small blogs and helps yours and others blogs to get more promotion and recognition. This was such a sweet thing of her to do, I'm so excited she chose me as one of her nominees, go over to her blog and check out her other nominees as well!
Here are the rules for the nominees:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you3. Create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers you decide to nominate
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on your blog post
5. Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6. No tag backs!
11 things about myself:
1. I love watching really sappy romantic movies that everyone on the internet seems to hate. Give me a Nicholas Sparks movie any day! Also 500 Days of Summer makes me cry every time.
2. I love shoes, I actually couldn't walk in heels for majority of my life, and about two years ago I forced myself to learn because I always loved how much cuter heels were than flats.
3. I love board games, especially monopoly. Monopoly games are intense in my house.
4. My favorite Harry Potter book is "The Order of the Phoenix".
5. I cannot cook at all, but I love to bake!
6. I love old crime stories like Jack the Ripper or the Borden murders, but I can't stand the sight of blood and am terrified of horror movies.
7. I have a garden gnome collection.
8. My favorite color is any shade of purple, but I despise pink.
9. I'm 5' 3" but I wear I size 10 shoe, I'm sure was supposed to be taller, haha.
10. My favorite Disney princess is Belle, and I think I secretly still want to be her! Super jealous of her library, I just need to find a Beast!
11. My favorite flowers are lilies.
11 questions from Aimee:
1. If you could be at any major moment in history, what moment would it be and why?
This is such a good question, and such a hard one! I guess if I had to choose one moment, it would have to be sometime during the Tudor dynasty with King Henry the VIII, when he divorced Catherine to marry Anne. The Tudor era is so interesting to me, and that moment changed so much with religion and politics.
2. What is the one item (not a person) that you could not live without?
My glasses! I'm practically blind without them, I would definitely be bumping into everything!
3. Do you have anything that you keep just for memories sake?
Oh gosh, tons of things, I keep old notes from middle school and high school, movie and concert tickets, and pamphlets from musicals or art shows or graduations. I love holding on to very sentimental things that remind me of special memories.
4. Where would you go if you could go to just one place for the rest of your life?
I would go to England, I would want to live in a little cottage out in the hillside and work in a beautiful, old, ornate library.
5. What was the first concert you went to?
The first concert I ever went to was Britney Spears. It was the "I'm a Slave 4 U" tour, and I pretty much just sat quietly in amazement the whole time. I even still have the black and sepia colored tshirt of her with the snake around her neck!
6. What is your favorite fast food?
My favorite fast food has to be Jimmy Johns lately. It's a sub sandwich shop that has all sorts of cute signs and I'm addicted to their Turkey Tom sandwich.
7. If money wasn't an option, what would you want to learn to do?
I would love to learn how to fly an airplane! Not a commercial huge one, just a small plane. I worked at an Air and Space museum and it was attached to the airport and there was also a flight school and I would always see all of the flight students milling about.
8. What TV show is your favorite? What shows are you watching currently?
I have a lot of favorites but I think if I have to choose I pick Doctor Who (as you can see in my previous post). Lately I've been watching Star Trek: The Original Series, The Real World, Big Bang Theory, General Hospital (I'm secretly a little old lady at heart), and plenty more!
9. Do you have a favorite letter of the alphabet? Why?
I've actually never thought about it before, but maybe "A" since it's 50% of my first name :)
10. Do you know any other language? Can you keep a conversation?
I took 4 years of Spanish between middle and high school. I cannot hold a conversation much further than Hi how are you, what's your name?, but I can read a bit and get the gist of what is going on. Definitely not fluent.
11. What is your ideal first date?
My ideal first date would be coffee at a place that was having an open mic or a local band playing, and then maybe going for a walk. I like pretty simple things, give me coffee, music, warm weather, and maybe froyo and I'm a happy girl :)
Questions for My Nominees:
1. What is your favorite movie? Why?
2. If you could be any person for a day at any point in history, who would you be?
3. What is your favorite book/s?
4. Are you really outgoing or really reserved?
5. Favorite childhood memory?
6. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
7. Do you have any secret talents?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
9. Do you ever wish you could live in a different time period? If so, when?
10. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
11. Why did you start your blog?
My 11 Nominees!
1. Nina Saiful of Lemon Kitty
2. Shayla of Shayla Lilian
3. Celyn of Curly Purplepig
4. Rebekah of Finding Inspiration
5. Marilyn and Kaleb of Brewed Together
6. Veronica of Veronica Vintage
7. Catie of Lady a la Mode
8. Naomi of The Occasional Indulgence
9. Katelyn and Laura of Relatively Offbeat
10. Kristina of Eccentric Owl
11. Kylie of Midnight and Dawn
Make sure to check out all of my nominees blogs and I want to thank Aimee again for nominating me!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin