Hello lovelies! I have been nominated for a Liebster award for a second time by the super sweet lady Faye who blogs over at Oh! Darling. I don't know if it's against the rules to do it twice, but I figured it was different questions and I can nominate even more wonderful ladies for this awesome award :) (If you'd like to read my answers/check out my first set of nominees click here)
Receivers of the Award Must:
- Answer the 11 questions posed to them by their nominators
- Post 11 interesting things about themselves
- Create a new list of 11 questions for future award receivers to answer
- Nominate 11 more bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award
1. What is your most favourite movie of all time, and why?
My favorite movie of all time would have to be.....ugh this is such a tough question.....umm, I'll take the easy route and say Beauty and Beast because it's my absolute favorite childhood movie and where my blog name came from! Belle was always my favorite because I related to her so much and wanted to be her. She loved to read, stood up for what she felt was right, and always tried to see the good in everyone, even in the grouchy Beast at the beginning of the movie. I think I can even base some of my chosen career path as a librarian on Belle as well. If I can cheat a bit and pick a second movie, as of late I've really enjoyed the movie Adam which I recently re-watched after a few years. I highly recommend it.
2. If you could have any dream come true, what would that be?
This is going to be such a Miss America answer, but I would just like to lead a happy life. I want everyday to be a fun one. I want to finish grad school, get a full time librarian position, and live in a cute apartment surrounded by books and flowers. That sounds like a movie, but it would definitely be my dream come true. Also, I'd like Ohio to not be so cold, but that's not happening!
3. What song never fails to cheer you up?
Pickin' Up the Pieces by Fitz and the Tantrums. Actually, anything by Fitz and the Tantrums, they're pretty fun all around!
4. What's the furthest you have ever travelled?
I am slightly embarrassed to admit that the furthest I have ever traveled is to Orlando, Florida when I went on a trip to Disney World with my family (I'm from Ohio). I always feel like people have much better answers for this question, but I will say I have a big list of places I would love to go to. The top of my list includes most of Europe, especially Britain to visit medieval castles. I'm a bit of a history nerd, I majored in it in college, and I have always been a bit obsessed with castles and knights and the whole bit.
5. What inspired you to begin blogging?
I was inspired to start blogging after years of reading other blogs and seeing the wonderful community that comes with the blogosphere. I started reading blogs right around the end of high school and the start of college in 2008 when I was feeling a bit lonely from the transition to college and having my friends all scatter to different schools. I found that reading blogs made me feel like I had friends that shared common interests once again, and the blogging community really does make you have great friends. Even if we've never met, I feel that we are all great friends! I also have a great interest in fashion and vintage styles which is not a passion shared by any of my friends in real life, so it's nice to have a place to discuss with others who share the same interests.
6. What is your most played song on your MP3 player/iTunes?
My most played song according to my iTunes Top 25 is Does He Love You? by Rilo Kiley. It's a bit strange, but sometimes I like to listen to songs that make me sad, not in a depressed kind of way, but if I'm in a melancholy mood. Does anyone else do this? It gets so many plays because I usually play it (or whatever song I'm feeling that day!) on repeat for a while. If it makes you feel better, my second most played song is Bossa Nova Baby by Elvis Presley so it's not all gloom and doom.
7. If money were no object and your hearts desire available, what 5 material objects would you buy today?
Oh wow, this is such a good question! I think the first material object I would buy would be a Bernie Dexter dress. I am in love with her clothes but they are a bit out of my price range. Second, a beautiful large wooden bookcase, preferably with an elaborate design carved into the sides. Third, I would buy a piccolo. I played flute from 5th grade through high school and piccolo in marching band but I used the school's piccolo. I think it's such a fun instrument and I'd love to own one of my own. The fourth thing I would buy is a yarn ball winder, it's not a super fancy purchase, but my least favorite part about knitting is balling my yarn. The last thing I would purchase if money was no object is one of Elvis' costumes, it honestly doesn't matter to me which one minus the 70s jumpsuits (not a big fan of 70s Elvis), but I think it would be so awesome to own one!
8. What are your pet peeves?
I think my biggest pet peeve is when people continually clear their throats loudly and they're not sick. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it annoys me so much.
9. Which female historical figure do you most admire and why?
Pochahontas (the real person, not the Disney character). She was so brave for dealing with the colonizers, marrying and having a child with one (John Rolfe) and even sailing to Britain where she passed away. She played an important role in making peace between her tribe in Virginia and the colonizers.
10. What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
As of late my favorite thing to do in my spare time is knit and watch movies since it's wintertime and the polar vortex has made it almost unbearable to be outdoors. I have been knitting for about 8 years but only in the past year or so has it become a much more regular activity. I've been trying progressively more difficult patterns and just recently finished a cabled sweater which is my biggest accomplishment in my eyes (I've made blankets before so it's not literally the biggest, but you know what I mean). Watching movies is a past time I've always enjoyed, but lately I've found I've been watching more than usual, and they have all been pretty great.
11. What would be your ideal career?
My ideal career if I could be absolutely anything in the world would be to be a Broadway star. I love theatre and musicals in particular and I love to sing. I am also the most shy person when it comes to singing in front of other people so this is why this is just a dream. I think it would be absolutely fabulous to get to act and sing and dance as a career, I feel like while musical actors and actresses work very hard, they get to do something that they truly love and get to excel at it.
11 Things About Me
1. I choose movies based on the actors. I don't do it based on a limited amount of actors, but instead if I am watching a movie and see someone I don't know but like I'll look them up and usually order a good majority of the films they were in. This leads me to ordering a LOT of movies.
2. I love penguins so much, they are just so dang cute! I actually just found this article which is calling for knitters to donate little penguin sized sweaters to the Penguin Foundation for penguins who are caught in oil spills and wear them to prevent the penguins from trying to remove the poisonous oil with their beaks.
3. I love zombies but I'm terrified of horror and gore. This generally leads me to being very nervous while watching The Walking Dead but I can't stop watching.
4. YouTube sucks away so much of my internet time. I watch and subscribe to so many YouTubers, I honestly probably watch more YouTube than regular television. Some of my favorites are the Vlogbrothers, Olan Rogers, and itsGrace.
5. I'm secretly a hopeless romantic and write the occasional letter to my future husband. I found myself reading a ton of these one night and thought they were such a sweet idea (example here). Now if I actually give these letters to this unknown guy is still up for debate.
6. I like to go to the beach alone when it's warm. It's so relaxing to just lay out your towel, listen to music and read a book or magazine alone. The beach is so calm and quiet, sometimes it's nice to just lay there with your thoughts.
7. I will drive an absurd amount of time to go to some of my favorite coffee shops. Two of my favorites are a half hour to 40 minutes away, which is a bit much but I just love the atmosphere in both places so it's worth it.
8. I was not always a dress wearer. In fact, my high school wardrobe consisted of flare jeans, concert/band t-shirts, oversized sweashirts, and sharpie colored Converse. The transition began when I started reading blogs really and became more interested in fashion and less self conscious about what people would think. I still have some of those worries now but for the most part I wear what I want whether I think people will find me overdressed or not. I think it's important to wear what you love because when you like what you're wearing you feel good and you'll feel better about yourself throughout the day. I'm not saying your confidence should lie in clothing, but I personally feel like if I head out in a sweatshirt and yoga pants I feel a bit sluggish for the day.
9. Superman is my favorite superhero. People knock him down because of the whole kryptonite weakness, but he can fly, pick up buildings, and look gorgeous working at a news office, I see no negatives.
10. I love going to museums, and I try my best to give myself enough time to be able to read just about every exhibit plaque in the building.
11. I love animals but unfortunately I seem to have developed allergies to both dogs and cats. I haven't tested out being around other furry animals but it just makes me sad because I love snuggling puppies!
And the Nominees Are....
Merry of Each Little Bird That Sings
Katie of Butterfly Loves Snapdragons
Debbie of Fashion Fairy Dust
Elle of Bound of Fashion
Danielle of Dan in Real Life
Ionela of Miss Green
Laura of Vintage Requiem
Catherine of Vintage Frills
1. Where is your absolute favorite place to be?
2. What is one thing you would tell your younger self about yourself now?
3. Do you have any special talents?
4. What book has effected your life the most?
5. If you could choose to live in any era of time, which would you choose and why?
6. What made you decide to begin blogging?
7. Who do you look up to most in life and why?
8. What is/are your favorite type/s of music? Name some of your favorite artists.
9. If you could win a Nobel prize, what would you want to win it for?
10. What is your earliest childhood memory?
11. If someone made a movie of your life, who would you like to play you?